Monday, November 15, 2010

Post 00D

One of the reasons why I've always hated on the radio is because of it's ability to completely ruin anything good for me.

A prime example is none other than Far East Movement's latest song, Rocketeer.  I remember listening to it when I first listened to Far East Movment's latest album, Free Wired in mid October.  I loved the song so much, that I thought I'd have something that I could enjoy, along with a select few friends and then we can smile the rest of the day, basking in the love and joy of this wonderful song.  A song that acts as a private anthem, if you will.

Unfortunately, ever since last Wednesday, November 10, I've began to hear about its prominence everywhere.  People were talking about it, it was on people's ring tones, MSN names...etc..etc.  It was starting to become overkill.  In fact, I have a vague feeling that Rocketeer would be like Far East Movement's other single : Like a G6, and eventually, it will be overplayed by the radio stations, and I would have to resort to not listening to it anymore.

That is what made various radio stations the core of all my complaints in the last 8 years of my life.  I've unwillingly bred a hatred for things that lost its special value.  You see, a song is good,only when you can enjoy it.  However, with the amazingly complex structure of radio stations these days, where playing music is none other than repeating the same playlist throughout all hours of the day, I can't help but think that they never cared about the enjoyment of music.  Of course, there's also the other situation, where, nothing on the radio station is really good enough to be considered music.  Let's face it, the amount of people still willing to listen to the radio these days are really people who haven't really given half a thought with regards to what is actually being played on the airwaves.

So this is really just a plea to all radio stations : DON'T play Rocketeer for more than once every two weeks.  This will make the song sound like an exquisite something.  It's like the sight of a rare supercar.  A supercar is actually exquisite because of how rare it is.  If I saw a Ferrari every day, for once every five hours, I'd hate seeing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment