Saturday, November 6, 2010

Post 00B

A recent interview has really thrown me off of my tracks a bit.  My original intention was to leave school once I've graduated so that I no longer need to spend the perilous hours to work on something that I lose sleep over.  In fact, it sounds kinda strange, cause I'm actually in school right now to get out of school.

Now, I'm a bit weird, in the case that I really value knowledge.  I personally think that knowledge is what can lead the way to a brighter future.  Naturally, one of my many dreams was to own a research facility.  Unfortunately, that's where yesterday's interview comes in to throw me off.  My interviewer, for whatever purpose, has decided to tell me of the wonders of grad school.  I've personally never given it a thought at all, because I've wanted to leave once I finished my undergrad and never again return to the forsaken ground, that which is a school.  It gets better, because while my interviewer explained the requirements, I've learned that not only will I need better grades (cause they're marginal for a pass right now), but I've also learned that it does sound rather enticing.  "It would seem a bit of a waste," as my interviewer said "to see [someone like me] finish my undergrad and [just] go to work".

Personally, I would have liked to speak out at that time and explain how much I loathed school, and how I only managed to go through school because of friends.  Had it not been for them, I'd have given up long long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment