Saturday, October 30, 2010

Post 007

Now, I've been blogging for at least a week now, so it's time to look back and reflect on the my progress. Oh come on, what am I a newscaster who looks back at the year and count through the incidents?  No.  I'm not a proper blogger, and no, this isn't happening.

So...with all that political bs out of the way, let's get down to business.

Last night, due to a large work load, there was no time to write up the Friday night post, so I'll put it up on Saturday.

Tomorrow is Halloween, also known to many as the Eve of Hallows, All Souls Day, Trick-or Treating, etc, etc.
However, it's the last 8 years ago that really changed my view of Halloween the most.  12 years ago, when I stopped dressing up, people thought I was slightly off.  It took me 4 years to come up with the best retort yet.  You see, 12 years ago, when I explained that I outgrew dressing up and trick or treating, it made sense because I didn't see a point in asking random strangers in my neighbourhood for candy.  This is naturally blackmail.  However, because society has been so hung up on this, that we end up just giving treats without the ever thinking deeply about what "Trick or Treat" entails.  Seriously think about this : how many times are you really prepared to trick someone when they respond to your predicated threat with "Trick".

Another thing that puzzles me is that we are teaching our future generation to take part in a yearly ritual, where we blackmail all of our neighbours for candy.  We're going about it slightly wrong.  You see, if you're going to teach children of the next generation how society works, we got to take it to the right scale.  It's like teaching them how to ride a bicycle.  You want them to learn with an actual bicycle, not a toy bike.  Right now you're teaching blackmailing to children, telling them that they should do something nasty in return for candy. That's not right in any proportion.  If we are going to teach blackmailing, we have to teach them to do it with the right principals, and the right tools.  Therefore, I propose that for those of us planning to teach children the wonders and joys of the yearly Halloween rituals do the following.  Dress your child(ren) in a Darth Vader costume, and give them a red Force FX LightSabre.  Once the door opens, they just turn on their LightSabre and hold it up to the home owner's head and say : "trick or treat".  If they fail to deliver a treat, then have the child pretend to "radio in to central" and tell them the house number and street.  If you're going to teach your child about  blackmail, you have to teach them to do it right.

Naturally, I do not want anyone to try that out, because Social Workers tend to find many ways to label any parent or guardian who tries that as in need of help, and in the end, everyone's sent to places they don't want to be, and our society will be even more screwed up.  Like I said one week ago regarding the Double Down and diet, one needs to exercise control.

Halloween, the only time of year when girls can dress as slutty as they want and still get away with it.  Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment