Thursday, October 28, 2010

Post 006

One of the biggest pet peeves that most people share with me is none other than our fellow commuters on the subway.  You see, the TTC is the primary source of transportation for many students.  However, there are a few issues that need to be addressed regarding this.

My biggest pet peeve really revolves around other passengers.  I've met other passengers who are so wonderfully considerate, I just wish they could be banned forever.  In this manner, the subway cars will be less crowded.  The following is a list of people who really need to be asked to leave the subway.

1.) People carrying big bulky backpacks on their back. 
Seriously, this one girl on the subway kept turning to her boyfriend, to the window, and back for 6 times within one minute.  Her bag was filled to the brim.  With me standing there innocently trying to calm down from a long day, I was hit 7 times.  Seriously, put your bag on the ground between your legs.

2.) People who don't bother to move to make more room for passengers boarding the train.
The subway cars are wonderfully built in such a way that it doesn't carry enough people so everyone has to crowd around during rush hour.  Wouldn't it be great if you moved in, and filled up any free space so that other passengers can board?  Because they choose not to move in, there's no space for other passengers to move on, which leads to pushing, and people falling over.

Now, there may be a few more things on my mind, but due to the higher stress levels of today, I can't remember them.  In fact, I had another topic I wanted to talk about, but I forgot about it.  It'd be nice if I get some comments regarding creating a team for Movember.  Please refer to Post 005 for the link.

Good luck on tomorrow's midterm.

No comments:

Post a Comment