Monday, October 25, 2010

Post 003

On days like today, I'd usually hate getting up.  On days like today, I really wish that I had just a few more minutes to sleep everything off in bed.  On days like today, the fog just HAS to hang so low that visibility is no more than 1 km.  On days like today, cutting into the right lane to avoid a garbage truck can result in me being stuck behind the hydro repair truck.

That's right...like many people, I'm described as having the a bad case of the "Mondays".  Mondays are generally very bad days.  Like Garfield, I had wished for the disappearance of Mondays on multiple occasions. However, given that I've also found Mondays to be an quite an interesting way to start my week when I have to spend it downtown, I can't say I'm not having fun.

However, Mondays are a bit of a doomsday for a lot of people.  Monday means the official start of a new week for many people.  This start signifies many problems, including tests, midterms, projects, assignments, work, facing your most hated person in the world, putting up with your boss, the list goes on.  In fact, the only thing that makes Mondays worth while, is the fact that you can share with your friends the joys of your weekend.

Perhaps we are looking at Mondays in the wrong way.  Perhaps Mondays should be a day to look forward to.  We can look forward to telling our best buddies about what happened over the weekend.  We can also finally get the annoying amount of work waiting for us out of our hectic schedules.  We can also look forward to the fact that the weekend is only around the corner.  After all, with every new Monday, there's a new surprise in store for us.

On the subject of what's new in store, Rob Ford is now Mayor of Toronto.  As students, we can only hope for a better transit system, fewer expenditures in tuition fees, and whatnot.  So, let's hope that the gravy train that Rob Ford wants to get rid of is going to be eventually beneficial to students.

Big thanks to Shauniechulo for helping me promote this blog.  It's good to know people actually reads my this blog.  Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment