Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Post 004

As of late, all good events happening at Yonge Dundas Square tends to land on a Tuesday.  About a month ago, there was a street hockey game.  Last week, Uncle Ben's was serving free lunch, (ok, it's microwave lunch, and it's just an ad campaign, but free food is free food).  Sadly, today was the day that a large ad campaign for the grand opening of a very iconic store at the Eaton Centre.  Of course, I'm talking about none other than Victoria's Secret.  Words in big font reading "The Angels Are Landing" stare me in the face as I walk out of the subway station, taunting me, as I continue to walk on to class.  Naturally, the sudden pang and dread of the impending 3 hour lecture that will dominate my Tuesday morning suddenly hits me.  That's when I get a sudden realization, that a lot of great events tend to happen on a Tuesday.  After some thought, it is absolutely nonsense.  You see, many people have the case of the Mondays, a condition that is still not medically recognized, so therefore, like the millions of people who head to work on Monday, I want to spend the first few hours of it, regaining my energy in whatever way possible.  Therefore, if an event were to happen on Tuesday, then it means that the critical moments of every event, i.e..the final checks are all held on Monday.  It would mean that everyone has to rush despite wanting to make a big punch in every wall possible.  I believe that this should be banned altogether.  Mondays should not be the last chance for everyone to make sure everything is right.  If possible, these brilliant events, especially those involving girls scantily clad in very attractive outfits.  Naturally, this being a personal opinion, this proposition will never come true.  Let's just hope that these types of events will happen on days where I can actually join in on the fun.

Last week, I had described the relationship between our class and the professor of that class is rather similar to a UDP connection.  I personally still feel that this relationship between us is a source of friction, however, with time running out, and much to cover, I continue to do what my classmates have done, and tried hard to soldier on.  I had suggested that we be angry with the connection, and I wish to have been more faithful to that.  However, with the increasing pressure of our time-constrained schedules, we cannot afford any more time spent trying to be patient with an unreliable connection.  However, with a rise in tuition fees on a yearly basis, it only makes sense to get the most of our lecture hours, no matter how useless they tend to be, or are becoming, in an increasing manner. 

Project tips : good luck, and stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment